Fantom team driver Dreighton Stoub, a.k.a. Super D, is one of the most recognizable names in the world, in R/C off-road racing. With 4 ROAR National Championships and countless other championships under his belt, he came to us with an idea to start offering the same motors and servos that he uses. We didn’t hesitate. After many hours of testing motor setups and different servos, we are proud to introduce our new line of Super D – Dreighton Stoub Signature Series modified motors and servos.
The Super D line of modified motors includes a 6.0 turn, used by Dreighton in his 4wd cars, and a 7.0 turn that he uses in his 2wd cars. Dreighton has world-class driving skills, so we had to come up with motors that met his high standards for great feel, power delivery, usable torque, speed, and the lowest lap times possible. Both of our new Super D 6.0T and 7.0T motors are set up and tuned exactly how Dreighton runs them! Put a Super D motor in your car today and see what it feels like to run what a champion uses!
The Super D motors start with our – Designed in the USA, ICON v2 Pro Modified stator, for the ULTIMATE RAW POWER, TORQUE, RPM & EFFICIENCY! The heart of the ICON v2 stator is our “Patented” (U.S. Patent D823,803) design. Our patented design stator produces maximum torque, incredible RPM, and superior drive-ability!
WHAT’S DIFFERENT WITH THE SUPER D MOTORS…
- 12.0mm Rotor with Dreighton’s preferred magnet material (different than our standard 12.0mm rotor)
- Professionally built to our strict standards
- The rotor properly shimmed with brass shims
- The highest grade AXON X10 SUJ2 hybrid bearings
- Pro Titanium Timing Adjustment Screws
- Timing set to Dreighton’s specifications
- Complete evaluation of the coils, rotor strength, rotor asymmetry, and sensor board deviation
- All test results printed and included
- Recommended for 1:10 4wd buggy
SPECS AND FEATURES:
- All R&D Done In The USA Patented Stator Design (U.S. Patent D823,803)
- Stator Design for Maximized Torque & Efficiency
- Sensor Board Design for Improved Deviation Accuracy & Reliability
- Precision Machined 1-Piece Can Design
- High-Inductance / Low Resistance, 3mm Aluminum, Silver Plated Collector Ring
- Venting & Can Designed to Maximize Heat Dissipation
- Premium Grade Kawasaki® Steel Stator Plates
- CNC Machined Billet T6 Aluminum End Plate for Precision Bearing Alignment
- Maximized Adjustable Timing
- High RPM Precision Bearings
- 12.0mm Dreighton Stoub Specifications Rotor
- Meets All BRCA, IFMAR, EFRA Specifications
- ROAR Approval Pending
- Patented Stator Design (U.S. Patent D823,803)
WHAT THE DETAILS MEAN…
- 12.0mm Rotor – We tested numerous sizes and magnet material until we found a combination that Dreighton prefers best. The rest is top secret!
- Re-Shim (brass shims) – We adjust the rotor shims so that the rotor “floats” centered properly within the magnetic field. If required, the rotor shaft is also polished to ensure that it fits the inner race of the bearing correctly. We also make sure that it has the correct end play, so that it is not bound up or too loose.
- AXON X10 Bearings – We have tested every motor bearing that we can get our hands on and these are the best that we can find! These are incredibly high-tolerance bearings and feature special SUJ2 material balls and a proprietary coating on the races. The SUJ2 balls are not ceramic and not stainless steel. SUJ2 material is harder than stainless steel and tougher than ceramic. The proprietary coating on the races reduces the rolling resistance and adds to the durability, making them the most free spinning, accurate, and durable bearings available for r/c motors. In addition, these bearings also feature no-contact seals, for virtually no drag caused by the seals. These bearings are lighter and capable of achieving higher RPM’s compared to standard chrome steel bearings. Also, we make sure the bearings seats are sized correctly before installing the bearings. This ensures that the bearings are not squeezed or distorted when installed, which could cause extra drag or non-concentric bearing movement.
- Pro Titanium Timing Adjustment Screws – These eliminate the power robbing magnetic drag on the rotor that the stock steel screws cause and improves RPM, efficiency and horsepower! Increases RPM by 100+ RPM compared to the stock steel screws! Reduces weight by .26 grams compared to the stock steel screws!
- Motor Timing – Motor timing is one of the most important settings to insure your motor is running at it’s maximum performance. The correct motor timing and gearing makes all the difference in the world with how well you motor performs on the track. When you buy a Super D motor, your motor comes set exactly how Dreighton sets his.
- Rotor Strength Test – The rotor is tested to make sure it meets proper specs. If we find that the rotor does not meet our strict standards, we will replace it. With this test, the rotor’s magnetic field strength is tested on our Fantom Facts Machine v3 rotor tester, and the test results are included.
- Coil Resistance Test – The stator is tested to make sure it meets proper specs. With this test, we evaluate the ohms resistance of the stator to make sure it meets proper specs and to detect shorts. Each coil is tested individually. If we find that the stator does not meet our strict standards, we will replace it. With this test, the stator coils are tested on an Instek GOM-804, and the test results are included.
- Motor Evaluation – The motor is evaluated using the highly accurate Motolyser brushless motor tester. This includes checking the rotor asymmetry, as well as the sensor board deviation and timing accuracy, and the test results are included.
FEEL THE POWER…FEEL THE FANTOM
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.