Smart Technology — More connected for more confidence and control
Spektrum™ Smart Technology is about offering a higher connection to your hobby. It's an RC ecosystem that puts you in complete control while making vital components of your model easier to use than ever before. Smart technology ensures that all of your model's electronics work together seamlessly for the greatest efficiency and performance. It keeps you aware of every component's status, boosts your confidence in its capabilities, and makes your entire system more responsive and simple to use.
Spektrum radios with Smart features can download firmware updates instantly using Wi-Fi and can swap setups with compatible radios via Bluetooth. Spektrum Smart LiPo batteries have a built-in microchip that records and communicates your charging preferences automatically to Smart chargers — just connect your pack and press "Start." Smart IC™ series connectors include an innovative data wire that transfers information easily between Smart components with a single connection. Finally, Smart ESCs not only deliver power but also eliminate the hassles from running telemetry. The days of installing and connecting multiple wires, sensors, modules and links are over.
- Spektrum Smart Technology ready
- Special Edition Orange custom color case
- Bold styling that's aggressive with a focus on class-leading durability
- Inspired by the ergonomically-recognized Spektrum™ DX5 Pro and DX5C transmitters
- Water-resistant* chassis design protects against minor splashes
- Dual lanyard mounts provide radio safety and accessibility
- Surrounded rubber-bumper chassis protection
- Built-in front chassis guard offers user-inspired accessory mounting options
- Simple capacitive-touch control panel responds to the touch of your finger
- Intuitive software based on user-tested functionality that's clean and simple
- Innovative thumb-steering lever makes one-hand operation safer and more precise
- Non-slip removable rubber hand grip and off-road treaded steering wheel
- Built-in telemetry capability (telemetry compatible devices sold separately)
- Convenient built-in tool storage compartment
- Large easy-to-read LCD screen
- Five-channel, full-proportional versatility
- Frequency-agile, Spektrum™ DSMR® 2.4GHz technology
- Program and fine-tune compatible receivers with AVC® technology
- Bind-progress screen displays status and frame rate
- Compatible with DSM2® receivers
*The DX5 Rugged instruction manual details water resistance limitations.