This is the Hobbywing 550 AXE FOC Waterproof V1.1 Sensored Brushless Combo with 3300kv motor.
V1.1 Firmware (01-00.2.01) for the XeRun AXE ESC has improved the following features:
- RPM/Throttle Matching - 3 Settings: RPM/Throttle Matching, allows you to adjust the way your system will react to changes in load/terrain on trail. The setting can be used to create a "brushed motor" feel. If you like the way a brush motor drives, use setting #1. Setting #2 (Default) is like the original ESC. Setting #3, improves the consistency of the motor RPM over different loads.
- Setup Process - Automatic Motor Pairing Improves: Loose rear endplate, severe impact, or abnormal heat (during the operation) abnormal power output occurs to the motor. This process allows you to reset your motor F.O.C. for the update and calibrates the motor sensors to the firmware. See below for complete details and the simple walk through.
- Motor "punch" or instant start up: The motors response to instant throttle inputs, or "clicking" to full throttle has been improved.
- Drag Brake: Minor changes to how the drag brake operates to to be more smooth and responsive.
- Motor Operation: Improved high rpm efficiency.
- More RPM: Overall, slight gains in RPM, and basic performance
- 550 Size Motor: Update includes additions for the AXE 550 size 2700 and 3300 kv motors
FOC (Field-oriented Control) for Super Linearity, High Torque & Extreme Silence
Hobbywing sensor technology has changed the feel, performance, and overall tune-ability of the Axe ESC and Motor in ways some have never experienced. Field-oriented Control is the name of this updated tech, and is something never seen before in the scale trail, rock racing, and rc world in-general. This style of sensor allows extremely accurate control and sensing of the motor while maintaining extreme performance and reliability. The motor and ESC are able to match the RPM of the motor to your throttle position under all driving conditions. This greatly improves down hill driving giving this system the ability to drive down hill under complete control. FOC technology also makes the whole system extremely silent, the motor doesn't create any PWM noise when it is running.
Intelligent Torque Output & Speed, Closed-loop Control for Easy Control
The FOC sensors, combined with Intelligent Torque output and closed loop speed control mean the ESC and motor will maintain the motor’s Torque level and RPM as the vehicles conditions change. Uphill, down hill, under load, you name it, your Axe system will do what you’re telling it to do.
Patented “Staggered Pole” Rotor Design for Ultra-low Torque Ripple
The Axe motor not only has a unique sensor design, but compared to other rock crawler motor designs, the Axe uses an improved staggered pole rotor design. What does this mean? Smoother operation with no cogging, and very clean and consistent deceleration. Smoother brakes, smoother power, and transitions between each are improved. This is specific to trail and rock crawling and allows extremely precise throttle control under any load conditions.
Battery Reverse Polarity Protection
The AXE FOC Crawler system has been designed with a very unique feature protecting your ESC from damage caused by Battery Reverse Polarity, so no matter how many times you reverse the battery connections the AXE ESC and the paired motor are safe from damage.
Applicable to All Weather & Track Conditions
The IP-67 waterproof has been taken to a new level with the AXE System. Completely sealed ESC design with robust heat-sink case design ensure the ESC is ready for anything you throw at it. The motor as well, is sealed, and combines a Hobbywing exclusive sensor harness. No messy extra steps to make your system water proof.
High Driving Efficiency for Long Battery Life
Extremely efficient design comes from a combination of methods. The FOC sensors provided significant improvements to overall motor performance when compared to standard brushless setups. Run-time is increased dramatically while maintaining exceptional levels of power and response.
Professional Drag Brake Adjustments & Super Parking Capacity
Drag brake rate, and drag brake tuning allows scalers to adjust not only the hill/hold/drag brake, but how quickly the brake applies. This allows high speed driving without sudden jerks or stops when releasing the throttle. The drag brake itself is super charged, and able to be run at extremely high levels. Compared to a standard crawling brushless setup, the drag brake in the Axe System can be rated at 200% in comparison.
Innovative Sensor Port
The sensor harness is more than just water proof, and will take on all elements from water to mud and dirt/dust. No need for anything extra, o-ring sealed, and uses a screw together design to ensure it won’t come loose.
Built-in Bluetooth for Connecting the Mobile APP Directly
Built in connectivity means exactly that. The ESC has Blue Tooth built right in! Nothing extra is needed to access the ESC’s complete on board programming but your smart phone device and the Free Hobbywing App from your App Store. No extra devices, wires or connections required! APPs will be available both IOS and Android.
Built-in High-precision Magnetic Encoder
A high precision magnetic encoder is used in the motor to ensure precision and consistent information is provided to the ESC. This allows the ESC to have more information from the motor than standard “hall” type sensors and provides improved performance and efficiency.
Advanced and Secure Electronic Switch
The dust, dirt, and waterproof switch housing ensures a long reliable life for your ESC, will not suffer from the problems most standard on/off switches encounter.
Multiple Programmable Items
With enough settings to keep your vehicle running “just right”, there are also timing/boost settings, just in case it’s not fast enough, this feature allows you to unleash some extra top speed from your Axe System. Sometimes the trails are long and winding, so more wheel speed is welcome!
- Scale: 1/10th
- Brushed/Brushless: Brushless
- Sensored/Sensorless: SD FOC
- Waterproof: YES (IP67?
- Applications: 1/10 Rock Crawler
- Cont./Peak Current: 60A/360A
- Input Voltage: 2-3S Lipo/6-9 Cell NiMH
- BEC Output: Switch Mode:6V/7.4V@4A Continuous
- Wires & Connectors
- Input Wires: Red-14AWG-200mm*1/ Black-14AWG-200mm*1
- Output Wires: No
- Input Connectors: XT60
- Output Connectors: Solder Posts
- ESC Programing via
- SET Button on ESC: Not Supported
- LED Program Box: Not Supported
- LCD Program Box: Not Supported
- WiFi Module: Not Supported
- Bluetooth Connection: Supported
- Firmware Upgrade: Supported
- Size: 47.4x36.2x24.6mm
- Weight: 82g
- Poles: 4
- LiPo Cells: 2-3S
- No Load Current: 3.8A
- Diameter: 36.0mm (1.42")
- Length: 66.2mm (2.61")
- Shaft Diameter: 5mm (0.197")